Karnataka CET Eligibility Criteria 2017
Karnataka CET (KCET) Eligibility Criteria 2017 mention specific conditions which candidates need to fulfil for seeking admission to various participating institutes in Karnataka under KCET 2017. KCET 2017 is scheduled to take place on May 2 and 3 for admission to different engineering branches in various instituters of the state. KCET Eligibility criteria 2017 include the academic qualification, domicile, category to which the candidate belongs, nationality, etc. Go through the article below to know more about the eligibility criteria of KCET 2017.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
Important: Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria for KCET 2017 before they fill the application form.
Nationality for KCET 2017
Aspiring candidates for KCET 2017 must be citizens of India.
1. Candidates must have cleared their Class 12 examination or an equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.
2. Candidates must have studied English as one of the languages.
3. The candidates need to score at least 45 per cent marks in the qualifying examination.
4. If a candidate scores less marks in Chemistry than the required aggregate, then in that case, marks scored by the candidate in biology, biotechnology, computer science, will be taken into account.
5. Those candidates who belong to either Schedule Caste, Schdule Tribe or Schedule Caste category Category-I and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A and 3B) category have to secure at least 40 per cent marks to be eligible to take up KCET 2017.
6. Those candidates who are waiting for the results of the qualifyingexaminations are also eligible to take up KCET 2017.
Ward of Defence Personnel
1. Candidate who is ward of defence personnel who was employed in Karnataka for a minimum period of one year during the two year period of study of candidate in 10+2, such candidates must have cleared the qualifying examination from any Government or Government recognised educational institution which is located in Karnataka.
2. Candidates who are either daughters or sons of serving defence personnel from Karnataka i.e those whose parents at the time of joining the Defence services had declared that their home town was in Karnataka. However, such candidates need to furnish proof of such domicile.
3. Those candidates who are children of defence personnel who had served in Karnataka for at least one year and are presently on duty in Field/Active Service and the family is allowed by the Defence Authorities to stay in Karnataka. Candidates falling under this category must have studied and passed the qualifying examination from any Government or Government recognised educational institution which is located in Karnataka.
4. The ward of serving or retired employee in Central Armed Police Force Service, whose parents at the time of joining the CAPF Service (Central Armed Police Force) had mentioned that his/her home town was in Karnataka, has to submit proof of his/her domicile from the Record Office of the CAPF Unit where the Parent’s service record is maintained. Candidate must have cleared the qualifying exam from a recognised University or Board or any other institution located anywhere in India.
Mother Tongue of Candidates
1. Those candidates who have studied for complete TEN academic years in Kannada language from 1st to 10th standard outside Karnataka need not to appear for the Kannada Language Test conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Such candidates must have studied and passed the qualifying examination from any Government or Government recognised educational Institution.
2. Aspiring candidates of KCET 2017 whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava must have resided and studied for a duration of seven years between 1st and 12th standards in disputed Kannada speaking area of South Sholapur or Akkalkot or Jath or Gadhinglaj Taluks of Maharashtra State or Kasargod or Hosadurga Taluks of Kerala State. Such candidates will have to undergo and clear the Kannada Language test conducted by KEA.
3. Those candidates whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava or their parent’s mother tongue is the same or either of the parent was domiciled in the state of Karnataka, then such candidates will have to undergo Kannada Language test conducted by KEA.
Candidates of State and Central Government Employees
1. In case a candidate is a child of an employee of the Union Government or an
employee of the Union or Karnataka State Government Undertaking or Joint Sector Undertaking and his/her parents are likely to be transferred in any part of the country according to the terms and conditions of the employment and has worked in Karnataka for a minimum period of one year in Karnataka during the Two year period i.e 11th and 12th standard of the candidate. Such candidates must have cleared the qualifying examination from any Government or Government recognised educational institution located in Karnataka.
2. Children of serving or retired employee of the Union Government or employee of Union or Karnataka State Government undertaking or Joint Sector undertaking where the employee had mentioned to the employer at the time of joining service that his domicile was any place in Karnataka or had studied in any government or government recognised educational institution or institutions in Karnataka for a minimum period of seven years; and was or is liable to be transferred to any part of India according to the terms and conditions of his employment. It is imperative for the candidate to have cleared the qualifying examination from a University or Board or any other institution located in any part of India.
Migrant Candidates of Jammu and Kashmir
Children of migrants of Jammu and Kashmir who will take up KCET 2017 need to show proof of migration, which they have to get from the jurisdictional District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner” of any state in India.
Children/Ward of Members of Parliament
Children of member of parliament who are representing Karnataka, must have cleared high school from any institution located in any part of India.
The article is written as per the official notifications of last year. It will be updated as soon as the official notifications for this year are made available.
Stay tuned to engineering.careers360.com for more news and updates on Karnataka CET 2017.