Institute: Tezpur University
Tezpur University Programmes & Eligibility:
- B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering : Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM (Phys, Chem and Math) subjects at 10+2 and pass marks in English.
- B. Tech. in Civil Engineering: Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM (Phys, Chem and Math) subjects at 10+2 and pass marks in English.
- B. Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering: Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM (Phys, Chem and Math) subjects at 10+2 and pass marks in English.
- B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering: Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM (Phys, Chem and Math) subjects at 10+2 and pass marks in English.
- B. Tech. in Food Engineering & Technology: Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) at 10+2 and pass marks in marks in English.
Tezpur University B.Tech 2013 Selection Procedure: B. Tech. Programme - on the basis of performance in the JEE ( main) conducted by the CBSE to be held on 07.04.2013( pen and paper based) and 8th – 25th April, 2013 ( computer based). Approximately 50% of the seats will be filled in through the Central Counseling conducted by the CBSE. For this no separate application will be required. Remaining seats will be filled in by the candidates of NE states. The candidates of NE states qualifying in the JEE ( main) should apply to this university for admission against the seats reserved for NE domicile candidates for which counselling will be held at Tezpur University. Candidates from NE states securing any of the top 10 positions in the higher secondary Board/ Council Examination with an aggregate marks of 85% or more will be directly admitted in the discipline of his/her choice.
- M. Tech. in Polymer Science & Technology: B. Tech./B.E. in Polymer Sci. & Tech./ Fiber Sci. & Tech./ Rubber Tech. / Plastic Tech./ Chemical Engineering; M. Sc. in Chemistry/ Polymer Science/Applied Chemistry from a recognized institution with 50% or equivalent grade. Candidates with valid GATE score will get preference.
- M. Tech. in Information Technology: B.E. / B. Tech. degree in any discipline or MCA or its equivalent or M. Sc. in Computer Science/ IT/ Electronics / Mathematics / Statistics / Physics with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- M. Tech. in Electronics Design & Technology: B.E. /B. Tech./AMIE/AMIETE in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineering or M. Sc. in Electronics/Instrumentation/Physics (Electronics as specialization)/ AMIETE with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- M. Tech. in Bioelectronics: B.E./B. Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Chemical Engineering/ Computer Science &Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering/Neuro Engineering/ Genetic Engineering/Biotechnology/MBBS or M. Sc. in Biotechnology /Biochemistry /Chemistry/ Polymer Science/ Physics/Electronics/Nano Science & Technology/ Instrumentation or MBBS with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- M. Tech. in Energy Technology: B.E. / B. Tech. / AMIE in Mechanical/Electrical /Electronics /Instrumentation /Chemical/Agricultural Engineering / Energy Engineering or M. Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Post B.Sc. Integrated M. Tech. in Food Engineering & Technology: First Class graduates with qualifications of B. Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects/ B. Sc (Agriculture)/ B. Sc. (Home Science) with elective in Food & Nutrition/ B. Sc Food Science/B. Sc (Fishery). Candidates must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- M. Tech. in Food Engineering & Technology (lateral entry):
- B.E. /B. Tech degree in Food Engineering / Food Processing Engg./ Food Technology/ Agricultural Engineering/Chemical Engineering (with specialization in food)/Biotechnology or related field with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate ( The B. Tech / BE programme completed by the candidates should satisfy the AICTE requirements) OR
- 2years M. Sc in Food Technology/ Food Processing Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering( Specialization Applied Mechanics): BE/B. Tech or equivalent Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Production, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Metallurgy, and Civil Engineering or in any other relevant engineering discipline.
Note: GATE qualified candidates with valid GATE score in the relevant subjects may seek for Direct Admission without Entrance Examination in the M. Tech. in Information Technology, Electronics Design & Technology, Bioelectronics and Energy Technology , provided they meet the cut off score
Tezpur University B.Tech/M.Tech 2013 Provisional Admission: Candidates who have appeared/are appearing in the qualifying examination in 2013 can apply and be admitted provisionally if otherwise found eligible at the entrance examination. Such candidates if selected for admission will have to produce the evidence of completion of the examinations by 15th November, 201
Tezpur University B.Tech/M.Tech 2013 Application Procedure:
Download the form (for Gen candidates) here
Download the form (for SC/ST candidates) here
Downloaded application forms should be accompanied by a draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Tezpur University payable at Tezpur for Rs 500/ ( Rs 250/- for SC/ST).
By Post: Send a written request to the Controller of Examination, T.U. with a demand draft of Rs.560/- (Rs.310/- for SC/ST) in favour of the Registrar, Tezpur University, payable at Tezpur, with a self addressed unstamped envelope of 36 cm x 25 cm.
Obtain the application by paying Rs.510/- (Rs.260/- for SC/ST)from the designated branches of PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK given below:
- Itanagar Ganga Nagar, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
- Tinsukia Sardar Market, A.T. Road
- Jorhat Gor Ali, Jorhat
- Tezpur M. G. Road, Tezpur
- Nagaon Old A. T. Road, Nagaon
- Bongaigaon Chapaguri Road, Bongaigaon
- Guwahati Zoo Road Zoo Road, Guwahati
- Guwahati Fancy Bazar Fancy Bazar, Guwahati
- Guwahati, Bhangagarh G.S. Road, Guwahati
- Dibrugarh Marwari Patty, Dibrugarh
- Silchar Hospital Road, Silchar
- Hyderabad, Charminar Charminar, Hyderabad
- Bangalore, J.P. Nagar J.P. Nagar, Bangalore
- Pune, Laxmi Road Laxmi Road, Pune
- Bhubaneshwar, Station Squar Station Squar, Bhubneswar, Orissa
- Agartala 4, Mantri Bari Road, Agartala
- Kolkata J.N. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata
- Imphal Thangal Bazar, Imphal
- Shillong Police Bazar, Shillong, Meghalaya
- Aizawl Millon Centre, House No. 154, Aizawl
- New Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi
- New Delhi Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
- Gangtok Gangtok, Sikkim
- Patna Gandhi Nagar, Patna, Bihar
- Siliguri Nehru Road, Siliguri
Note: Candidates applying for more than one programme should apply separately for each programme.
Tezpur University B.Tech/M.Tech 2013 Important dates:
Issue of TU prospectus with application form for M.Tech: from February 4, 2013 to March 26, 2013
Issue of TU prospectus with application form for B. Tech: from February 4, 2013 to April 26, 2013
Last date for submission of duly filled in application form::
- M.Tech : April 8, 2013
- B. Tech.: May 7, 2013