VERY IMPORTANT & USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOU. CBSE HAS ASKED CoBSE TO SUBMIT INFORMATION ON BOARD MARKS THROUGH A LETTER WHOSE CONTENTS I AM REPRODUCING BELOW,
TO SEE THE LETTER PLEASE VISIT http://www.cobse.org/LETTER_JEE_2013.pdf
Modalities for providing Result Data Base – pertaining to Class XII for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
1. Result Data is to be provided for ALL APPEARED Candidates in Full subjects with indication of Stream
Science – Non-Medical SCI-N
Science – Both(Medical & Non-Medical SCI-B
Arts & Humanities HUMA
2(a) Placement of Subjects in the Result Database must be in the following order:
Subject-1 : One Compulsory Language with higher marks
Subject-2 to Subject-5: Another Language and three Electives (OR) Four Electives
Subject-6 : Additional Subject Offered/allowed, if any
Note : Subject-1 to Subject-5 must conform to Scheme of Studies and are compulsory.
(b) For Science Stream – Non-Medical :
Subject-1: Compulsory Language with higher marks
Subject-2: Any other Language/Elective with higher marks (other than Subject-1 and Subject-3 to Subject-5
Subject-3 to Subject-5 (even if the marks in the subjects are lower) must be as follows:
Subject-5: Any one out of - Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology (Botany & Zoology)/Biotechnology with higher marks
(c) If it is compulsory to study 6 subject as per Scheme of Studies in a board, subject with lowest marks
(other than compulsory subjects for the stream) be treated as Additional Subject
For calculation of Percentile and Normalisation of Marks, Subject-1 to Subject-5 shall be taken into consideration.
3. If a candidate has appeared in LESS Number of Subjects in current year (i.e. Less than 5 subjects) –
due to supplementary Exam / Compartment Exam / Arrear and has cleared/passedthe exam in the
• Subjects passed in previous year(s) and subjects passed in current year are combined into a
single record and supplied. Passing year be treated as current year.
• For Example :
ÿ Candidate appeared in 2011 – in all 5/6 subject – and failed in one/two subjects
(LESS SUBJECTS) as per Scheme of Studies of the Board and was awarded
Supplementary/ Compartment/ Arrear.
ÿ Candidate appeared in 2012 in the failed subjects of Supplementary/ Compartment/
Arrear (LESS SUBJECTS) and cleared/passed the exam by passing in the failed
subjects (LESS SUBJECTS).
ÿ For such candidates, result data for 2012 should have the details of passed subjects in
2011 as well as the details of passed subjects in 20124. If a candidate appears for ‘Improvement of Performance’, the candidate has to appear in all
subjects as per Scheme of Studies of the Board i.e. the candidate must appear in Subject-1 to
Subject-5 (OR) Subject-1 to Subject-6. Data should be provided for such candidates also.
5. Result data should be provided as per enclosed ‘Structure of Database’ only. Database can be supplied
in FoxBASE/ Fox Pro/ Visual Fox Pro/ MS Access
Note for Database:
1. All character fields should be left justified
2. All Marks should be provided with left zero/leading zero i.e. 079. 083 etc. Provide ‘AB’ against marks for those ABSENT in Paper-1/ Paper-2/ Subject.
3. It is mandatory to supply Category, as eligibility for admission to IITs will be based on top 20
percentile of successful candidates in Class XII examination conducted by their Boards in
SC - ‘Scheduled Castes’ as specified and laid down by the Government of India
ST - ‘Scheduled Tribes’ as specified and laid down by the Government of India
OBC - ‘Other Backward Classes’ as specified and laid down by the Government of India
4. Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name should be adjusted within 50 characters and should be in CAPITAL letters