What is CUSAT CAT?
CUSAT CAT Important Dates
08/Feb/2017 to 28/Feb/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
CUSAT CAT 2017 Application Fee Payment
08/Feb/2017 to 13/Mar/2017
01/Mar/2017 to 10/Mar/2017
Admit Card Date
15/Apr/2017 to 30/Apr/2017
30/Apr/2017  2:00 AM to 5:00 AM
30/Apr/2017  9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
CUSAT CAT Application Details
CUSAT CAT Application Form Procedure comprised of two stages:
Stage 1 - Registration
- Candidates have to to register themselves by entering the following personal particulars in the online registration form.
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- They have to choose a password and their user name which should not be more than 10 characters.
- After filing all the details and choosing their user name, the candidates will recieve the user name and password on their registered e-mail id and mobile number.
Stage 2 - Filling the Online CUSAT CAT Application Form
- Candidates need to login with their username and password received by them and fill their all the personal and academic details
- They have to select minimum 2 test centres for CUSAT CAT exam.
- They have to upload their recent colour photograph during the online application procedure of CUSAT CAT. They also need to upload their scanned signatures.
- For payment of CUSAT CAT application fee, the candidates can opt either for e-payment method or challan method.
- They can pay the application fee of CUSAT CAT in bank, only after two working days from the date of registration for CUSAT CAT.
- For general category candidates, application fee is Rs. 1,000, while SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs. 500.
- The applicants who opt for a test centre at Dubai are required to remit an additional amount of Rs.10000 apart from the application fee of CUSAT CAT through demand draft drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam.
- The candidates applying under NRI quota have to pay Rs 6000 as CUSAT CAT application fee.
- After the completion of registration and form filling procedure for CUSAT CAT, the candidates have to note down their registration number.
- They must take print out of the submitted CUSAT CAT Application Form as it will be required at the time of counselling and admission.
- The candidates opted for centres in India need not to send any documents (original or copies) to the University.
- Candidates applying for Dubai centre have to send their documents at the following address.
IRAA, Cochin University of Science and Technology,
- For any communication with the University, CUSAT CAT registration no. should be quoted.
- Candidates must retain three copies of the print out of CUSAT CAT application form confirmation page and the counterfoil of the bank fee challan.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria for regular B.Tech Courses:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam of the state of Kerala or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects in their class 12th or equivalent exam.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics in class 12th or equivalent.
- Applicants must have scored an aggregate of 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together.
Note: For SC/ST category candidates, if they had scored passing marks in their qualifying exam, then they will be eligible for admission except for Marine Engineering.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Instrumentation Technology:
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Mathematics in class 12th or equivalent.
- Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 60% of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Marine Engineering:
- To appear for CUSAT CAT candidates must have scored an aggregate of 60% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry taken together in class 12th or equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% in English in Class X or XII standard (applicable to SC/ST also).
- The maximum age limit prescribed is 25 years on September 1.
- Medical fitness Certificate obtained from Medical Examiners approved by DG Shipping is required.
- Eligibility for admission was based on the directions from the DG Shipping (Govt. of India).
- Vocational/Diploma holders are not eligible.
Note: This is a residential programme.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech. in Naval Architecture & Ship Building:
- Candidates must have passed their 12th examination of the state of Kerala or any other equivalent examination with a First Class (minimum of 60% marks).
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics as well as for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
CUSAT CAT Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
Number of Sections: Three
|CUSAT CAT Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
CUSAT CAT Exam Centers
CUSAT CAT exam will be held at 26 centers across the country
CUSAT CAT Counselling Details
Important Points about CUSAT CAT counselling
- CUSAT CAT counselling is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) separately for admission to B.Tech in Marine Engineering and for B.Tech in other branches.
- However, the university also conducts spot admissions for regular B.Tech and B.Tech marine engineering programmes.
- CUSAT CAT counselling is conducted for NRI and general spot admission for B.Tech regular and B.Tech Marine engineering programmes.
- The counselling of CUSAT CAT for Lakshadweep sponsored candidates will be conducted where original certificates of class X and XII, transfer certificate and conduct certificate are required by the candidates at the venue.
- The qualified candidates of CUSAT CAT will appear in the counselling on paying the counselling fee of Rs.2570.Before appearing in CUSAT CAT counselling, the candidates have to enter their options of colleges and branches online.
- The counselling of CUSAT CAT for Lakshadweep sponsored candidates will be conducted where original certificates of class X and XII, transfer certificate and conducte certificate are required by the candidates at the venue.
- The qualified candidates of CUSAT CAT have to appear in the counselling on paying the counselling fee of Rs.2570.
- Before appearing in CUSAT CAT counselling, the candidates have to enter their options of colleges and branches online.
Option registration procedure for CUSAT CAT counselling
- Candidates have to fill in all their choices for colleges and branches for the option entry in CUSAT counselling.
- The candidates may change their options till the last date but after the last date no changes could be made to the options entered by them. There is no constraint to select the number of options by them.
- The options chosen by them is going to appear in a box given on the right side of the computer screen.
- The candidates may edit, add more options, delete the options or can change the order of the options before the last date specified by the University for the counselling of CUSAT CAT.
- Before appearing in the counselling, the candidates must register themselves at the counselling venue. Only the registered candidates will be able to take part in the different processes of CUSAT CAT counselling.
- After the allotment is done for CUSAT CAT, candidates who is allotted a seat should confirm their admission by paying the admission fees and submitting the documents. If a candidate fails to do so, his/her candidature will automatically get cancelled.
- If a candidate fails to report for counseling on the specified date as per his/her rank in the CUSAT CAT Rank list, he/she will not be considered for any further rounds of CUSAT CAT counselling.
- For admission to first year of B. tech programmes, candidates having “Kerallite” status only are eligible for state merit seats with concessional rate of fees in School of Engineering (Thrikkakkara campus), Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering (Thrikkakkara campus) and in Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanadu (CUCEK-Pulincunnoo campus). Others are not eligible for state merit seats.
Documents required for verification during CUSAT CAT counselling
- CUSAT CAT e-admit card
- Migration certificate (for students from Universities outside Kerala state)
- S.S.L.C/class X Marks Sheet & pass certificate (CBSE, ICSE etc.)
- Class XII Marks Sheet/pass certificate (CBSE, ICSE, etc.)
- CUSAT CAT application registration confirmation page
- Certificate to prove Kerallite status
- Transfer certificate from the school/Institution last attended (in English)
- conduct/character certificate from the school/institution last attended (in English)
- Four passport-size coloured photographs
- Community certificate and non-creamy layer certificate issued by the competent authority for ‘SEBC’ candidates belonging to the state of Kerala and who claim communal reservation in their online application.
- Community certificate issued by the Tahasildar for claiming admission under Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC)/Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) category
- Candidates who claim OEC status for fee concession should invariably produce OEC certificate issued by the competent revenue authority.
- Physically Handicapped certificate for candidates seeking admission under physically challenged (PHC) category
- Sports Eligibility Certificate issued by Kerala State Sports Council for candidates seeking admission under sports quota
- Two sets of attested copies of all the original certificates/documents mentioned above.
More Insights About CUSAT CAT Exam
Top Following States
Disclaimer : Based on followers data
Academic Performance of Exam Followers
Disclaimer : Based on followers data