What is GITAM GAT?
GITAM GAT Important Dates
10/Nov/2016 to 31/Mar/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Admit Card Date
Choice of Exam City
09/Apr/2017 to 13/Apr/2017
16/Apr/2017 to 30/Apr/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
GITAM GAT Application Details
The mode of application process is both online and offline.
Steps for GITAM GAT online application procedure:
- Fill Online Application form
- Upload photograph
- Payment of registration/application fees
1. Fill Online Application Form:
While opting for filling up the application form, the first step requires the candidates to enter complete information about themselves including name, date of birth, particulars related to educational background, etc. This will generate an application number after successful submission of the GITAM GAT application form. Candidates can modify the personal details in case of wrong entry before the payment of registration fee only. The application number will be required for correspondence in future.
2. Upload of Photograph:
Further, the second step requires the candidates to upload a scanned copy of their recent passport size colour photograph which should not be older than 3 months. It should be in jpg format only.
3. Payment of registration/application fee:
At the next step, the candidates have to pay application/registration fee for online application form through debit card/credit card/net banking. After the fee is paid successfully, the candidates will be required to download the acknowledge form for the entrance exam.
Candidates can also pay the fee through demand draft drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Vishakhapatnam. A copy of the filled-in GITAM GAT application form will be required to be sent along with the demand draft. Candidates are required to mention the application number on the reverse side of the demand draft. It must be sent by speed post/registered post/ courier at the following address:
Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Rushikonda, Vishakhapatnam- 530045,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Steps for GITAM GAT Application form (offline):
- Candidates can also pay application fee in offline mode.
- Candidates can buy application form by post from the Director-Admissions.
- Candidates can also purchase GITAM GAT application form from specified branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank across India.
GITAM GAT Application Fees:
Female candidate will have to pay Rs 600 whereas, male candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000.
GITAM GAT Eligibility Criteria
- B.Tech Programmes: For B.Tech, the candidates must have passed class XII from a recognised state or central board with a minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics , Chemistry and Maths.
- Direct Admissions in B.Tech programmes and B.Tech Biotechnology programme: Candidates securing top positions in state or central board will get direct admissions in GITAM University. They are not required to appear in GITAM GAT.
- B.Tech Biotechnology Programme: Those seeking admissions in B.Tech Biotechnology should have passed class XII from a recognised state or central board with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
GITAM GAT Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
GITAM GAT Exam Centers
GITAM GAT exam will be held at 39 centers across the country
GITAM GAT Counselling Details
Procedure of GITAM GAT Counselling:
- The first step to be followed by candidates is to login with details like application number, date of birth and name.
- Candidates will then download the GITAM GAT counseling letter online.
- Candidates have to attend the counseling session in person. They have to carry certain documents in original with two set of attested copies for verification process at the time of admission.
- The meritorious student from Karnataka State holds reservation of 25% seats at GITAM University, Bengaluru campus.
Documents required for GITAM GAT Counselling:
- Class X pass certificate.
- Class XII / Intermediate Marks Sheet and Pass Certificate
- GITAM GAT Counselling Call Letter
- Transfer, Study and Conduct Certificates
- For SC/ST Candidates: Integrated Community Certificate, if applicable
- For PH candidates: Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- Bangalore Campus: Residence Certificate from competent authority (for a minimum period of 5 years) for claiming local category
Direct Admission to Board Toppers in GITAM University:
Candidates securing first rank in Class XII or equivalent board exam are eligible to take direct admission in GITAM University. The direct admission does not require candidates to take GITAM GAT although they can directly appear in the counseling session for admissions in engineering programmes.
GITAM GAT Counselling Centres:
The list of GITAM GAT Counselling Centres at GITAM campuses is given below,
1. Hyderabad City
3. Hyderabad campus of GITAM University
4. Vishakhapatnam campus of GITAM University
6. Bangalore city
7. Bangalore campus of GITAM University
GITAM GAT Counselling Centers
GITAM GAT counsellings will be held at 5 centers across the country
More Insights About GITAM GAT Exam
Top Following States
Disclaimer : Based on followers data
Academic Performance of Exam Followers
Disclaimer : Based on followers data