- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
The Hindu-Hitachi Scholarships 2013
Scholarship: The Hindu - Hitachi Scholarships
Sponsored by: The Hindu in collaboration with Hitachi
No of Scholarships: 3
- Candidates who must be Indian Citizens
- Must possess a B.E., or B.Sc. (Engg.) degree.
- Should not have completed 30 years of age on 31-03-2013
- At least one year’s professional experience
Note: Candidates who have already had practical experience in the branches for which training is proposed to be given, will be given preference.
The scholarships are tenable in Japan for principally six months commencing about July 2013.
General training will be in one of the following product fields of Hitachi Ltd :
- IT Solutions and Services
- Thermal Power
- Power Generation Plant & Power Grid Control Systems Engineering
- Rail Systems
- Transportation Control System Engineering
- Training in the above will be subject to the convenience of each of Hitachi’s establishments.
- During the training, there will be special emphasis on environment-related and energy-saving technologies.
Additional Training: 40 days training in Japanese Language at one of the AOTS kenshu centers.
Rules & Regulations:
- Trainees shall be during their training, under the supervision and direction of Hitachi, which has full discretion on scope, mode, duration and place of establishment of their training.
- Training will not be available in the R&D activities of Hitachi.
- Trainees will be subject to the rules and regulations and the discipline of the establishment to which they are posted.
- Selected trainees will be provided with return Economy Class air passage.
- They will be provided free Boarding and Lodging for trainees in Japan and to defray all expenses for travelling in Japan which may be considered necessary for their training.
- In addition, each trainee will be paid a monthly fxed allowance to cover his personal expenses.
How to apply:
Applications should be made in duplicate in the forms available on payment of Rs.5/- from the offces of THE HINDU:
- Chennai : 859 & 860, Anna Salai, Chennai- 600 002
- New Delhi : 3rd Floor, PTI Building, 4, Parliament Street, New Delhi - 110 001
- Kolkatta : LMJ Chambers, I Floor, 15C, Hemanta Basu Sarani, Kolkata - 700 001.
- Mumbai : Kasturi Buildings, Jamshedji Tata Road, Mumbai - 400 020.
- Coimbatore : 19 & 20, A.T.T. Colony, L.I.C Road, Coimbatore - 641 018.
- Madurai : 147/2A, Eighty Feet Road, K.K. Nagar, Madurai - 625 020.
- Tiruchirapalli : Chennai Bye -Pass Road (NH 45), Senthanneerpuram, Tiruchirapalli - 620 004.
- Puducherry : 135, I foor, Mission Street, Puducherry - 605 001.
- Hyderabad : 6-3-879 & 879B, Begumpet Public Road, Hyderabad - 500 016.
- Visakhapatnam : 50-19-9, T.P.T Colony, Seethammadhara, Visakhapatnam - 530 013.
- Vijayawada : 55-1-4, 100 Feet Road, Industrial Estate, Auto Nagar, Vijayawada - 520 007.
- Bangalore : 19 & 21, Bhagwan Mahaveer Road, (Infantry Road), Bangalore - 560 001.
- Mangalore : 23-9-655/1, Jeppu, Mangalore - 575 001.
- Hubli : Kalburgi Katwe Identity, Bannai Gida Stop, Green Garden, Gokul Road, Hubli - 580 030..
- Kochi : NH Bye -Pass Road, Vytilla Junction, Kochi - 682 019.
- Thiruvananthapuram : T.C. No.36/1946(1), Airport Road, Vallakadavu,Thiruvananthapuram - 695 008.
- Kozhikode : I Floor, ‘Shazz’, Near Saradha Hospital, Kannur Road, Kozhikode - 673 006.
Note: Parents or Guardians of selected candidates shall guarantee their good conduct and shall undertake to pay for their repatriation should their conduct be found unsatisfactory by Hitachi Ltd., or any public authority in Japan or in case the selected candidates desire to discontinue their studies in Japan for any reason whatsoever during the period of their scholarship.
Completed forms should reach
859 & 860,
Chennai - 600 002,
The envelope should be superscribed “THE HINDU - HITACHI TRAINING SCHEME”
Application deadline: December 31, 2012.