- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
IIT Patna: M.Tech Admissions 2013
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna has announced the admissions to the M.Tech programmes offered by its schools/departments under the July 2013 intake. Candidates are required to have a valid GATE score to be eligible along with the requisite academic qualifications. Candidates selected will be eligible for assistantship as per the existing guidelines. Application process is online and students are required to send the copy of application and specified documents to the institute.
IIT Patna PH.D 2013 Programmes and Eligibility:
- Candidates must have a B.Tech./B.E. degree in Mechanical / Production /Aerospace/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering or MSc in Electronics and Instrumentation
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score in ME, PI, AE, EE, EC, IN, PH, XE
2. Mathematics & Computing:
- Candidates must have an MSc in Mathematics or B.Tech./B.E. degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer Science/ Mechanical/ Civil/ IT/ Aerospace/ Instrumentation Engineering or Equivalent
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score in MA, EE, EC,CS, ME, CE, AE, IN.
3. Nanoscience & Technology:
- Candidates must possess an MSc/Equivalent in [Nanoscience, Chemistry (Pure/ Applied), Physics, Applied Physics/ Solid State Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Biophysics/ Polymer Science/ Material Science]
- B.Tech./Equivalent degree in [Engineering Physics/ Polymer Engineering/ Materials & Metallurgical/Materials/Mechanical/Electronics & Communication/Electrical Engineering]
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score in CY, PH, MT, ME, EC, EE, XE (with Material Science or Polymer Science & Engineering)
4. Computer Science & Engineering:
- Candidates must have a B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Candidates must also have a valid GATE score in CS.
5. Communication System Engineering:
- Candidates must possess a B.Tech./B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score in EC.
- Students having a B.Tech. degree from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 8.0 are exept for GATE score critieria.
- Candidates must have scored a a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale (55% marks or a CGPA of 5.5 in 10 point scale for SC/ST)
- Students in their final years are eligible provided they fulfill all the requirements by July 17, 2013
IIT Patna PH.D 2013 Selection Procedure: based on GATE score and personal interview
IIT Patna PH.D 2013 Assistantships: Rs.8,000/- per month
Note: The financial assistantship will be offered for a maximum period of 2(two) years.
IIT Patna PH.D 2013 Application Procedure: Click here to apply online:
- Print the online application generated after submission and duly signed it in the specified place
- Send it along with copies of mark sheets/certificates and testimonials (both sides) and a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (Rs. 150 for SC/ST/PD)in favour of IIT Patna on any nationalized bank, payable at Patna to the address below.
Superscribe the envelope with Application for M.Tech. admission in “ Name of the Specialisation ”.
- No application fee for Female applicants
- Candidates applying for more than one specialisation should send separate application.
IIT Patna PH.D 2013 Important Dates:
- On-line Application Form available from: March 19, 2013
- Last Date of Online Application Form: April 15, 2013
- Last Date for receipt of completed Application Forms (by post) at IIT Patna is: April 22, 2013
- Tentative Date for written test (for sponsored candidates only) and/or personal interview: May 15 to 22, 2013
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Patliputra Colony, Patna – 800 013, Bihar
Phone: +91 (0612) 2552103
Fax: +91 (0612) 2277383