IMPS College of Engineering and Technology (or Impscet) is an engineering and management college located in Malda, West Bengal, India.
|Mr. B. Bhattacharya|
|Malda, West Bengal, India|
|West Bengal University of Technology|
IMPS College of Engineering and Technology (or Impscet) is an engineering and management college located in Malda, West Bengal, India. The college was established in 2003. It provides engineering, technological and management education. The college is an AICTE-approved institution and is affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology.
- 1 Courses offered
- 1.1 Undergraduate programme
- 2 Administration
- 3 Laboratories
- 4 Student activities
- 5 Library
- 6 Hostels
- 7 Facilities
- 7.1 Soft Skill Development Facilities
- 8 College events
- 8.1 Freshers' Welcome
- 8.2 Annual Cultural Fest
- 8.3 List of companies for 2012 batch
- 8.4 List of companies for 2011 batch
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech)
- Civil engineering-60
- Electronics and Communication Engineering-120
- Electrical Engineering-60
- Computer Sciences Engineering-60
- Information Technology-60
Members of Governing Body
- Mr. B. Bhattacharjee, Chairman,
- Dr. B.P. Sarkar, Director,
- Dr. Nemailal Tarafder, Principal,
- Mr A. Chakrabarty, Administrative Officer,
- Eastern Regional Officer, AICTE- Regional Officer, Kolkata,
- Superintendent Engineer, WBSEB, Malda,
- Vice-Chancellor or nominee, WBUT, Kolkata, West Bengal,
- Dr. Sajal Dasgupta, Director of Technical Education, Higher Education Dept., Government of West Bengal,
- Vice-Chancellor or nominee BIT, Mesra.
The labs are:
- Computer Science Lab
- Electronics & Communication Lab
- Electrical Lab
- Information Technology Lab
- Some of the students, of Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering, achieved in 2007 the most coveted foreign placement in Tokyo, Japan.
- IMPSCET participated in a Robotics competition and won the 3rd prize all over the West Bengal (WHAT YEAR??).
The library has a collection of books and journals in the area of Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology and related subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The library is housed on a complete floor with reading, reference and borrowing sections. The library has 6500 volumes of books and national and international journals. The library also provides a reach collection of all prominent newspapers and magazines.
To provide boarding and lodging facilities, the college possess a boy’s hostel and a separate girl’s hostel. The accommodation capacity of boys and girls are 600 and 225 respectively. Facilities in the hostels include kitchens, safe drinking water, dining halls, a separate faculty room, mess and reading room. Hostel rooms have attached bath and toilet.
Soft Skill Development Facilities
The approach of the Training and Placement Department is multi-fold:
- Train or provide exposure to students in specific software.
- Identify potential employers,
- Approach and convince them to interview and select the students of the college.
- Training the teaching faculty to enhance their teaching capabilities.
Apart from academic events, the college calendar has twor major events:
The Freshers Welcome is organized to introduce first year students to college life. The freshers welcome titled CORONATION has seen students' performances as well as bands like Fossils, Eshaan and other Bangla Bands.
Annual Cultural Fest
The annual cultural fest- "IMPULSE" held in March/April is sponsored by companies like Hero Honda. The cultural program is a mixture of rock and classical music. It started in 2003. That same year the first batch of B.Tech came into IMPSCET. Celebrities who have performed at the college include Emaan, Bangla bands like Lakkichhara, Fossils (band), Eeshaan. However, the Annual fest is not an activity anymore. It was a cost reduction strategy.
List of companies for 2012 batch
- Infosys (on) 15
- Syntel (pool) 03
- MTS Ventures (on) 20
- PGi (on) 13
- Igneises Technologies (on) 5
- Pump Technologies (on) 20
- Eagle Software (on) 35
- Prumatech (pool) 1
- Wipro (pool) 2
(and others). Note:- All other companies,MTS Venture, PGi,Igneises Technologies, Pump Technologies,Eagle Software, Prumatech appeared to be FAKE. The students placed in those companies found that they were not placed at all or the companies were non-existing.
List of companies for 2011 batch
- Infosys (on) 22
- Syntel (pool) 11
- Wipro Infotech (pool) 3
- Huawei (pool) 0
- L&T Infotech (pool) 6
- CMC Limited (pool) 2
- Tech Mahindra (pool) 6
- KPIT Cummins (pool) 1
- Verizon (pool) 4
- (and others).
- Official website of IMPS Corps (www.impscet.net )
- IMPS Engineering College Official website