JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria spells out the criteria needed for a candidate to be allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced exam. Students who figure in the top 150000 will have to fulfil additional criteria of figuring in the top 20% of their respective boards to be eligible for admissions to the IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad. The students who satisfy JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria will be allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced 2013.
- Predict your rank before actual result.
- Know where you stand.
- Get exam difficulty level analysis.
- Know the overall scoring pattern.
JEE Advanced 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have appeared for the JEE Main 2013 Paper 1 exam and scored a rank below 1, 50,000 (including all categories) to be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) - 2013.
Admission Criteria for IITs and ISM Dhanbad:
- The category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced) 2013 will be the basis for admissions provided the following criterion are met.
- Candidates must figure in the top 20% of successful students of their respective Boards
- To qualify, they must have scored a minimum score of 60% in the qualifying exam (Class XII or equivalent) (for students who have passed their Class XII in the first attempt in 2012.
In case the respective board does not provide the cutoff information regarding the top twenty percentile of successful candidate Candidates will have to produce a certificate from the board stating the same.
In case a student is unable to rpoduce a certificate as above, the CBSE percentile will be used as the criteria for deciding minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
JEE Advanced 2013 No. Of Attempts: A maximum of two times in consecutive years.
Non eligibility Criteria: students who belong to the following criteria cannot apply for the JEE Advanced
- Candidates who have attempted IIT-JEE in 2011 or earlier are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced) - 2013
- Candidates who have taken /accepted admission at any of the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi or ISM Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced) - 2013.
JEE Advance 2013 Rank wise Distribution of top 1, 50,000 candidates as per Category:
Common Merit List: Top 75750 (50.5 %)
Other Backward Classes Non creamy layer OBC (NCL): Top 40500 (27%)
Scheduled Caste (SC) Top 22500 (15 %)
Scheduled Tribe (ST) Top 11250 (7.5 %)
Note: As per GOI norms, 3% in each category is reserved for PD candidates