JEE Main 2013 Counselling Procedure
LATEST NEWS:Results of the SEat Allocation for the Spot and Extra Spot Round have been announced on July 30, 2013.
- Know your rank with Normalized Board Marks.
- Know where you stand.
- Get JEE Main difficulty level analysis.
- Know the overall JEE Main scoring pattern.
JEE Main 2013 Counseling Procedure will be through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB 2013) for all the NITs, the IIITs, CFTIs and SFTIs. The Counselling for JEE Main starts from July 1 with online regsitrations followed by choice filling and locking. The JEE Main 2013 Counseling Procedure entails the process of applications by students to the various institutes, call letters, verification and admissions. Students who fulfil all the specified criteria apart from the JEE Main 2013 as per the universities/institute guidelines can apply for the Counselling Procedure of JEE Main 2013.
Note: Admissions to the following colleges are now open. Click on the college to apply.
JEE Main Cut-off for Total scores to fill the choices online for Counselling for B.E/ B.Tech. & B.Arch/ B.Planning
- Common Merit List (CML) Category 62 Marks
- OBC-NCL Category 59 Marks
- SC/ST/All PwD Category 32 Marks
JEE Main 2013 Counseling Procedure:
Reporting Centres: Click here for the list of Reporting and Help centres
- The reporting centres have been set up to facilitate the online registrations, choice filling, locking and for document verification.
- Candidates who have been provisionally admitted must report to these centres for verification of documents
- Candidates must choose any one reporting centre to report to till the admission process is completed.
Note: The dates for the counselling, seat allotment and admission are given at the end.
1. Online Registration: For both Round 1 & 2
- Click here to register online
- The specified Reporting centres will have the internet facility to aid the online registrations
2. Choice filling: Click here to log in
- Only registered candidates can fill in their choices.
- Candidates must fill in the courses and institutes as per their preference mentioned in the list.
3. Choice locking:
- Candidates must lock their final choices as per the specified dates.
4. Seat Allocation :
- After checking the seat allotment, candidates are required to print the seat acceptance acknowledgement letter
5. Document verification at Reporting Centres:
- Candidates allotted seats will have to report to the reporting centres to get their documents verified.
- Once the verification is completed, they will have to pay the requisite initial fee.
- A Provisional Admission letter is issued after the verification and fee payment.
Note:The above procedure is repeated for Round 2 once the Round 1 is completed as per dates given in the counselling schedule
- Candidates not reporting as per schedule will forfeit the seat and will not be considered for the subsequent rounds
- Initial Fee to be paid is Rs. 40,000 and can be paid online via
e-challan of Axis Bank
- Fee can also be paid through a DD for Rs 41000 (Rs 1000 processing fee) in favour of “Chairman, CSAB-2013”, payable at Rourkela.
- Upgradation will be done after the two rounds of counselling are completed.
- The Upgradation will be on the basis of the choice filling done during July 1 to 9, 2013
Spot and Extra Spot Rounds: Based on the vacancies, these rounds will be conducted from July 22 to 27, 2013.
- Spot round will be Government Funded Technical Institutes (NITs, IIITs and CFTIs) and seats of Self-Financed Technical Institutions (SFTIs)
- Extra Spot Round is for SFTIs only.
- The extra Spot Round will be held after the Spot Round.
- Online Registrations, choice filling will be from July 22 to 27, 2013
- Candidates have to lock choices after document verification at the Reporting Centres only from July 25 to 27, 2013
Eligibility for Spot Rounds: Click here to Register
- Candidates who have not registered during the initial registrations held from July 1 to 8, 2013
- Registered students who have not been allocated any seat in the first two rounds
- Candidates whose seats were cancelled on account of changes in Gender/Category/PwD Status/State of Eligibility but are still eligible
For already Registered students: Click here to log in
- They need not register again
- For such students, the previously filled in choices will be retained for spot round (not for extra spot round) except for which seats are not available.
- Such candidates can also fill in new choices for Spot Round or Extra Spot Round or for both.
Note: Filling of identical choices (same branch and same institute) in both Spot Round and Extra Spot Round is not permitted.
Seat Allotment for Spot & Extra Spot Rounds:
- Candidates must print the allotment letter.
- The fee deposited during the spot round allocation and automatic admission to GFTIs as well as to SFTIs is non-refundable.
- The fee deposited for extra spot round is refundable.
Admissions based on Spot Round:
- Admissions will be to CFTIs & SFTIs
- Candidates must get their documents verified at allocated institute
- The collected fee will be sent by CSAB to the allocated institutes.
- Any excess in dues if any will be adjusted in the second semester; but any deficit amount has to be paid at the time fo reporting to the institutes.
- In case of a refund, an amount of Rs 1000 will be deducted .
- The collected fee will be sent to the allocated Institute by CSAB even if the candidate does not take
Admissions based on Extra Spot Round:
- Candidates must get their documents verified at allocated institute using the admission letter.
- Admissions will be to SFTIs
- Fees are to be collected by the institutes in a transparent manner
JEE Main 2013 Counselling Schedule through CSAB 2013
JEE Main All India Ranks Announcement
July 2, 2013
Online Registration at CSAB 2013
July 3 to 9, 2013 till 12 noon
Filling of choices
July 3 to 9, 2013 till 5 pm
Locking of Choices
July 6 to 9, 2013 till 5 pm
Round 1- Allocation of Seat
July 10, 2013
Document verification at Reporting Centres
July 11 to 14, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm
Round 2 -Seat Allocation/ seat upgardation of round 1 allottees
July 15, 2013 till 5 pm
Round 2 - Document verification at Reporting Centres
July 16 to 18, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm
Last date for withdrawal
July 18, 2013 before 5 pm
Round 3 Allocation of Seat
July 23, 2013
Round 3 - Document verification at Reporting Centres
July 25 to 27, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm
Choice filling for allotted and reported candidates for Spot / Extra Spot Upgradation
July 25 to 27, 2013
Registration, Choice filling, Spot & extra Spot rounds
July 22 to 27, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm
RC Reporting, Choice Locking, Document Verification for spot & Extra Spot Rounds
July 25 to 27, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm
Seat Allocation for Spot & extra Spot rounds
July 30, 2013
Admissions/Reporting at Allotted institutes
as specified by the Institutes