M.Tech, PhD @ NIT, Rourkela
Institute: National Institute of Technology, NIT, Rourkela
Programmes: MTech and PhD in various disciplines
- Predict Your Score Before Actual Result
- Know Where You Stand
- Get Exam Difficulty Level Analysis
- Know The Overall Scoring Pattern
- Biotechnology and Medical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Including Instrumentation Engineering)
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- School of Management
- Life Science
For MTech (Research) programme:
The minimum qualification required for admission to M.Tech (Research) programme in Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities & Social Science is one of the following:
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA).
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA). d) M. Sc. /M.A. / MBA / M.Com. in Humanities, Social Sciences or Management with 60 per cent marks or 6.5 CGPA.
For PhD programme:
The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD programme in Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities, and Social Science is one of the following:
- ME/MTech/MPharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both BTech (or MSc/MPharm/MCA) and MTech levels from a recognised technical Institute or University.
- BE/BTech/BPharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
- M. Sc. /M.A. / MBA / M.Com. in Humanities or Social Sciences or Management with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks.
Note: Applicants who have fully completed the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for both M.Tech(Res) and PhD programmes. The following conditions apply:
- For all course based degrees [B.Tech, M.Sc., MBA, M.Tech (Regular)] results need to have been published before admission is granted.
- For thesis based Postgraduate degrees [M.Tech (By Research), MS or equivalent] a student given admission to the PhD programme is permitted one year from the date of his/her thesis submission (proof required) to submit successful result. During this period students awarded fellowship will be paid fellowship at B.Tech rate. Difference of fellowship will be paid on submission of results.
How to apply:
Click here to apply online
Note: Send the print out of the application submitted online attaching a non-refundable demand draft of Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred) in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, payable at any bank in Rourkela and appropriate Sponsorship Certificate (if applicable) to:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic)
National Institute of Technology
Rourkela – 769008 (Odisha)
Note: The envelope containing application form should be superscribed by ‘Application for PhD/M.Tech(Research)’.
Click here for the notification
Click here for details
Application deadline: August 30, 2012
Declaration of results: September 13, 2012
Interview: September 21, 2012
National Institute of Technology
Rourkela – 769008
Phone: (0661) 2472050, 2476746
Email: [email protected]