JEE Advanced 2017 will be held tomorrow, on May 21. Thus, there is only 1 day left for the entrance examination for admissions to IITs. The engineering entrance test, JEE Advanced 2017 will have 2 papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be conducted on May 21 from 9 am to 12 pm, while the paper 2 will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm. JEE Advanced 2017 will be conducted in offline mode wherein the candidates have to mandatorily appear in both the papers. If a candidate does not appear in either of the papers, he/she will be considered disqualified in JEE Advanced 2017. Though IIT Madras has given time to candidates till 9 am on May 21 to download the admit card, but it’s advised that they don’t leave it for the lest moment as the reporting time at the test centre is 7:45 am.
- Predict your rank before actual result.
- Know where you stand.
- Get exam difficulty level analysis.
- Know the overall scoring pattern.
You must also revise all the important topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from NCERT books, however, refrain from burdening yourself with so many books. You may focus on revision through the notes you had prepared so far. This is the day to finally check your conceptual clarity. Also, solve as many sample papers as you can before you appear in the entrance examination tomorrow. Go through some more tips for JEE Advanced 2017 in detail below.
As candidates have still a few hours to appear in the national level entrance test, they must also know all the aspects related to the test like reporting time, what to carry, what not to, exam day guidelines, etc.
Last minute tips for JEE Advanced 2017:
1. Stay calm and positive: This will help you in attempting you paper to the best of your ability. So maintain your calm, leave aside all your stress and go to the test centre with positive state of mind.
2. Move on if you get stuck with a particular question: In the paper if you encounter a question which gives you a little tough time to solve/calculate it, don’t waste your time on it. Just move on and take the other questions which you are confident of. You can revisit the incomplete question later once you finish your paper or have answered all the questions you are confident about.
3. No wild guesses please: While taking the test, it’s advised that you don’t attempt the paper based on wild guesses. As exam like JEE Advanced carry negative marking, so remember if you do not attempt the questions you don’t know, it will be in your favour. However, if you attempt questions based on guesses, you will end up loosing some marks and finally your chances of admission will be reduced.
4. Be cautious about the tricky questions: Candidates must be very careful as JEE Advanced paper carries tricky questions. So you must mark your answers after perceiving/considering the answers well. Remember, one incorrect answer and your chances of admission into your dream college will be curtailed.
5. Don’t be in hurry; glance through the question booklet/instructions carefully: You have to keep a check on your excitement level once you get the question booklet. Do not start the paper immediately after getting it. Read all the instructions carefully, glance through the questions first and then start answering them.
6. An exam strategy will benefit you: As you are appearing in such an important exam, you can’t afford to simply take on any and all questions one after the other. Better if you devise a plan as to which all questions you must take first, which all you must leave for the end. You must deeply consider the factors like time management. With a smart strategy, how much time can you save, will determine the outcome.
7. Reach the test centre well in advance: In order to avoid any last minute rush or panic, you must reach the exam venue at least an hour before the scheduled time of the test. We must keep in mind there could be numerous inevitable occurrences, so you must plan your travel accordingly. Don’t be lax in your attitude at all. Keep at least 1.30 hours window along with the time you feel you need to reach the test venue.
8. Cross-check your documents/admit card/things-to-carry: Before you step out of your home, make sure that you are carrying your admit card and other necessary items required. Check the list from the table below.
Things to carry to JEE Advanced 2017 exam centre:
Things to carry
Printed copy of the downloaded admit card
Original Photo Identity Card- Aadhaar Card, School/ College ID, Driving Licence, Passport or PAN Card
Black ball point pen with transparent body
9. Better not to discuss the paper/questions during break: As it is mandatory for all the test takers to appear in both Paper I and Paper II, they must avoid discussing the questions with the other test takers, as it will only add to their stress level, which may hamper their performance in Paper II.
10. Have healthy food before the test: Before you appear in JEE Advanced 2017, have some health food. You must keep yourself hydrated and avoid consuming oily/junk and heavy food.
11. Have a good rest the previous day: Once you are done with your final revision and are all set for the test, don’t avoid a good sleep. Remember that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Don’t be sleep deprived, as you need to stay alert and fresh in the exam.
For admission year 2017-18, 2,20,000 top rankers of JEE Main will be appearing in JEE Advanced. In 2016, top 2 lakh rankers of JEE Main were eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced, while in 2015 only 1,50,000 candidates from JEE Main were eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced.
Qualifying candidates will be offered admissions across 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), which are the participating institutes of JEE Advanced 2017. Seat allotment for IIT admissions will be done through JoSAA counselling. Around 10, 572 undergraduate engineering seats will be offered for admission through JEE Advanced.
Stay tuned to engineering.careers360.com for more news and updates on JEE Advanced 2017.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link