- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
Sastra University B.Tech 2013 Application Forms
University: Sastra University
Programmes: B.Tech, 5 year M.Tech
Sastra University B.Tech 2013 Eligibility:
- Candidates must have passed 10 +2 from a recognized board or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60 %
- Mathematics & Physics must be compulsory subjects
- Optional subjects can be Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology
- Age Limit: Must be less than 19 years as on July 1, 2013
Note: Students holding a diploma in Engineering / Technology can apply for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech. Programme.
Sastra University B.Tech 2013 Admission Procedure: on the basis of class XII marks OR JEE (Main) 2013 scores:
1. On the basis of Class XII marks:
- This is applicable to 70% of the seats.
- The class XII marks of all students will be normalized as per the guidelines of the university.
Intake of seats will be categorised as follows:
- Trichy and Thanjavur Districts: Intake will be 20% (10%+10% for each dist) and open only for students who have completed their 10+2 from a school in Trichy and Thanjavur Districts.
- Rest of Tamilandu (including Puducherry): Intake will be 50% and open only to those students who have completed their 10+2 from a school within Tamilnadu (Puducherry included).
- Outside Tamilnadu: Intake will be 30% and open to students who have completed their 10+2 in schools outside Tamilnadu.
2. On the basis of JEE (Main) 2013 Scores:
- This is applicable to 30% of the seats.
- Admissions will be on basis of the scores in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as well as the All India/State rank in JEE (Main) 2013.
Sastra University B.Tech 2013 Application Procedure:
Online: Click here to apply online
Pay the application fee of Rs 650 through credit card.
Note: All online applicants will be provided with a unique user ID and password for easy submission
The unique application number alloted will have to be kept safe for future reference
Click here to download the application form
Send the filled in application along with a DD for Rs.650 favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur.
Applicants will be informed of the application number by Email after the receipt of the application form and DD
Obtain the applications at designated branches of the City Union Bank or Indian Overseas Bank by payment of Rs 600
Click here for the addresses and details
By Post: Write to the university and send a DD for Rs.650 favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
In Person: Pay Rs 600 and collect it from the Office of Admissions at
SASTRA University campuses in Thanjavur / Kumbakonam or
The Registered Office in Chennai (5, Lakshmi Nivas, Dr.Subburayan Nagar, Kodambakkam),
Behind Hotel Brown Star, Samiyar Madam Bus Stop.
Chennai 600 024
Phone No.: 044-24838029)
Sastra University B.Tech 2013 Important dates:
- Start of Applications: March 29, 2013
- Last date for receiving applications for all categories: June 15, 2013.
- Shortlisted candidates List: June 15, 2013 at 9 pm
- Counselling for students (on basis of 10+2 marks) : June 20, 21 & 22, 2013
- Counselling for students under the JEE(MAIN) category: June 24 & 25, 2013.