SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad
|Type||Autonomous institution affiliated to VTU|
|Principal||Dr. S. B Vanakudre|
|Location||Dharwad, Karnataka, India Coordinates:|
Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Engineering and Technology (also called SDMCET), is a private engineering college located in Dharwad in the state of Karnataka, India. It was established in 1979 and is affiliated and autonomous under Visveswaraiah Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka.
- 1 History
- 2 Ranking
- 3 Academic programs
- 4 Co curricular activities
- 5 Infrastructure
- 6 Hostels
- 7 Notable alumni
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
SDM College of Engineering and Technology was established in 1979 and was affiliated to Karnatak University, Dharwad from commencement till 1998. Since then it has been affiliated to the Visveswaraiah Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is the first Institute in North Karnataka, India to get accreditation for all its courses by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi. It is one of the 14 institutions in Karnataka who have got funds from World Bank under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program(TEQIP) - Phase I. The SDMCET campus is also known by name of Dhavalagiri.
SDMCET was ranked 24th among the top 50 private engineering colleges of India published by Mint, exclusive partner of The Wall Street Journal in India. In 2012 it was ranked as the 62nd best engineering college in India as per Outlook.
The college offers four-year (eight semesters) undergraduate degree course in engineering leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree in following disciplines or branches.
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Information Science and Engineering
The college offers two-year (four semesters) graduate and postgraduate courses in the following specialisations.
- Digital Electronics (Electronics and Communication)
- Engineering Analysis and Design (Mechanical)
- Computer-aided Design of Structures (Civil)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Power System Engineering (E&E)
- Industrial Automation & Robotics (ME)
- Information Technology (ISE)
The college has started an M.B.A. course.
Co curricular activities
The college gained huge reputation in co- curricular activities across Karnataka Dance Group: Tashan, Diversity, Poreotix
Musical Group: Beats, Spinal chord, Dhwani
Dramatics club: Antaranga, Astitva, Darpan, Pratibimb
Each department or branch has its own laboratories as required by the curriculum. Every department has its own computer centre apart from the centralised one. The Library has books and journals on subjects taught in the college. There is an auditorium to conduct cultural and other events. The college has a play ground, canteen, a cafeteria joint, bank, an ATM and a post office within the campus.
There are five hostels on campus, three for boys and two for girls. Shalmala was the first hostel to be built, Netravati followed and Narmada is the latest boys hostel. Sharavati and Hemawati are the hostels for girls among which the latter is the last to be built.
- Pravin Godkhindi, flute player
- Madanbabu Shastri, Director at NVIDIA
- Shirish Kunder,Bollywood Director
- Sri Dharmasthala Ayurvedic college
- "About SDMCET". Retrieved 8 January 2008.
- "SDM Course Intakes". Retrieved 8 January 2008.
- "Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges" (PDF). Live Mint.
- Official website