UPSEE 2013 Counselling Procedure
UPSEE 2013 Counselling comprises of document verification, choice filling, locking, allotment of seat and confirmation. For students applying for counselling through the JEE Main 2013 quota, onloine registration is required. Online registration for the JEE Main 2013 quota students is from July 5 to 7, 2013. The modalities of the UPSEE 2013 Counselling have been summarized below:
UPSEE 2013 Counselling consists of the following stages:
1. Online Registration: only for JEE(Main) students from July 5 to 7, 2013
- Click here to register online
- Print the registration slip generated.
Note: 20% of the seats in the private institutions affiliated to GBTU Lucknow
and MTU Noida are reserved for admissions to the engineering courses under the JEE Main quota.
2. Verification of documents at the designated verification centers:
- Click here for the list of verification centres (around 128 across the state have been set up for the convenience of the students)
- All the students (registered JEE Main 2013 students) as well as the UPSEE 2013 rank holders have to present themselves at the verification centres in person.
- They must furnish the specified documents below in original along with a set of photocopies for verification. The originals wouold be used to authenticate the copies presented.
- On completion of verification, candidates will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on their mobile phones. The OTP is needed to log inn for choice filling.
- Students not receiving the OTP will have to retry else contact the UPSEE authorities for the same.
- A counselling fee has to be deposited at the verification centre in the form of a DD in favour of “Finance Officer, Gautam Buddh Technical University” payable at the city of document verification centre where its is presented.
For e.g. if the students has undergone the document verification in Meerut, the DD should be payable at Meerut.
Documents to be submitted for verification:
- UPSEE 2013 Admit Card
- The Online Registration slip (required only for JEE (Main) candidates
- UPSEE 2013 Counseling letter ( For UPSEE rank holders)
- Class XII Marks sheet
- Class XII/HSC Certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness / Undertaking of Medical Fitness
The following documents have to be issued by the designated authority as per the format in the brochure of UPSEE-2013:
- Domicile certificate, if applicable.
- Category certificate for OBC/SC/ST, if applicable
- Subcategory certificate for Freedom fighters/Armed forces/Physically handicapped as applicable
- For economically weak candidates: the Income certificate
- GDDA category certificate, if applicable
- Rural Weightage certificate, if applicable
IMPORTANT: Candidates have to keep in mind that the ORIGINAL Certificates should NOT be submitted or left with anyone.
3. Choice filling:
- Students can fill in any number of choices as there is no restriction. Students should give options for the courses, institutes in order of their preference.
- Candidates who hace secured relatively lower ranks should especially give a sufficiently large number of choices for getting a seat
- Candidates can alter/modify/delete or add choices before locking them until the last date of choice filling as per convenience.
- In case of any difficulty, candidates may approach any verification centre for help in choice filling during the specified period for choice filling.
Note: Candidates should avoid first three days for this purpose as the officials will be extremely busy with the counselling.
- Candidats can enlist the help of their parents for choice filling.They can take a printout of the filled choices to do so.
- Click Here for online choice filling.
4. Seat Allotment :
- Seat Allotment will be on the basis of the ranks obtained by the candidates.
- Candidates with higher ranks will be given the first preference of the courses and institutes.
- Candidates must check their allotment and report to the same verification centre where their documents were verified.
- The Allotment letter should be downloaded from the website and shown at the verification centre. Click here to print the Allotment letter
- Candidates allotted seats in the first round must confirm the allotment. For upgradation, candidates have to specify the option
- Upgradation is available only for those streams whose seats are confirmed.
- Candidates who do not turn up for confirmation after the seat allotment stand to lose the allotted seat.
- .Candidates who are allotted a seat under the UPSEE 2013 and JEE Main 2013 quota can confirm only one seat and must surrender the other one.
First Round: July 23, 2013 at 9 am The First Round Seat Allotment Result has been announced. Click here to check it
Upgradation Round: July 31, 2013 at 9 am
Seat Confirmation in Up-gradation Round:
- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat in the first round and has been allotted a seat in the upgradation round should report to the verification centre for confirmantion.
Admission Fee: Rs 10000 to be paid by DD in favour of “Finance Officer, Gautam Buddh Technical University” payable at the city of document verification centre
Students who have been allotted seats must pay the admission fee and report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities
UPSEE 2013 Counselling Schedule: Click here